Using vitamin C serum after dermaplaning seems like a smart move, doesn't it?
Since your freshly exfoliated skin is all prepped and ready, it's the perfect time to soak up this powerful antioxidant. It's like giving your complexion an extra boost of radiance.
But keep in mind, not all vitamin C products are created equal. Some formulations can be too harsh for recently exfoliated skin.
Let's look at all the benefits of using vitamin C right after dermaplaning, how and when to apply it. And get tips on selecting the best products to enhance and protect against irritation or stinging.
Just a quick rundown of what it is:
Dermaplaning, also referred to as dermablading, is an intense exfoliating treatment using a thin surgical like scalpel to gently scrape dead skin cells off the top layer of your complexion.
This process helps removes dead skin cells and peach fuzz, and leaves your face incredibly smooth.
It also helps your skin absorb the beneficial components of creams and serums, enhances makeup application, and gradually contributes to an overall brighter complexion.
However, it can (temporarily) weaken your skin's protective barrier and make it more sensitive. That's why you have to be careful about what you put on your face right after treatment.
Your top priorities should be holding onto moisture and protecting your fresh skin.
Apply vitamin C serum after treatment can help protect the skin barrier and offer multiple anti-aging benefits, by:
Here's a simple rundown of how to use vitamin C serum after dermaplaning:
1. Rinse and dry: Rinse your skin with cool water, and pat dry. Rinsing helps remove left over dead skin cells and peach fuzz. No need to cleanse since your face was cleansed and prepped before dermaplaining.
2. Apply Vitamin C Serum: Place a few drops of the serum on your fingertips and gently spread it all over face and neck. Use your fingertips to gently massage the serum into your skin.
3. Let Dry: For best absorption, allow the serum to dry and fully absorb for a few minutes.
4. Moisturize: Now apply a super hydrating moisturizer to lock in all the goodness and keep your skin hydrated.
5. Avoid Other Products: For best results, consider doing this treatment in the evening. This way, you can skip the sunscreen and makeup routine. This allows your freshly exfoliated skin to fully soak in the benefits of the vitamin C and moisturizer while giving it some well-deserved downtime.
It's important to use the right serum for your skin type to avoid irritation and discomfort.
Irritation and inflammation can lead to premature aging!
Follow these tips to find one that best suited for your complexion:
Normal: If your complexion is not sensitive and/or you've used strong serum solutions before, then consider trying a serum crafted with a 20% solution of L-ascorbic acid. This is the most powerful type of vitamin C, and offers impressive anti-aging advantages.
Sensitive: Those with a sensitive complexion should consider a 5-10% solution serum. It's gentle enough not to irritate, but still effective enough to help brighten and reducing hyperpigmentation.
Dry, Damaged or Mature: If your skin is thin, crepey, or lacks moisture, then look for serums that offer extra hydration. Serums that also contain hyaluronic acid is a great option.
Adding a vitamin C serum after every dermaplaning treatment can seriously level up the anti-aging benefits. Vitamin C is the best natural way to get a brighter, smoother complexion!
And, intense exfoliating treatments (like dermablading) helps remove brown, age spots and discoloration even more quickly. So, it's a win-win combination.
Just be sure to select the right serum for your type and complexion. Remember, you want to avoid any irritation, inflammation, or discomfort as this will only age your complexion faster.
Check us out at these locations: