Simple Eyebrow Makeup Tips to Revive Thin, Aging Brows.
Are you grappling with sparse, rebellious, or neglected brows that seem to get worse as you age? You're not alone!
Perhaps the tail and front of your brow have begun to recede, or you've started noticing white or gray hairs as you've reached your 50’s or 60’s.
As we age, our eyebrows, once full and lush, often become thin and sparse. undergoing various changes that may impact our overall appearance.
This isn't just a beauty concern. Research indicates that women with well-defined eyebrows tend to appear younger compared to those with low-contrast, weaker-looking brows.
Full, well-shaped eyebrows play a big role in making your face look young and balanced. And, with an increased focus on eyebrows today, they are back in the spotlight.
In this easy-to-follow guide, I'll share secrets to taking care of aging eyebrows.
Eyebrows that are full, well-shaped, and defined are in-line with current trends. This can't come at a better time, as beauty and anti-aging experts realize that brows have a huge effect on how we look.
Discover your brow issues and find the right brow makeup to solve it. There's always a makeup solution for most common problems.
1. Thin, or Missing Brow Hair in the Front or Tail
A brow pencil can easily solve this problem. It can be used to gently draw in missing hair and extend the edges where the tail and the front part of your eyebrows have receded. This helps give a fuller and more balanced look.
Note: I like using a finely sharpened pencil to mimic the appearance of individual brow hairs.
When penciling the brows in, follow these three key points to achieve a natural and well-defined look:
Remember to blend the color with a spoolie brush (I use a clean toothbrush) for a softer, more natural appearance.
Color: The rule of thumb for choosing a shade is to find one a bit lighter than your current hair color. However, this does not always work well for most.
Finding the right color may require experimentation. Various pencil brands differ in pigmentation. The same color in one brand, could look totally different in another brand.
Personally, I use Maybelline Expert Wear in black, despite having dark blond hair. This pencil provides just the right amount of color for me. Despite the typical "rule-of-thumb" suggesting a dark blond/brown pencil for me, it doesn't look good.
What About Eyeshadow To Fill-In Brows?
Yes! Eyeshadow is an excellent option for filling in brows. Particularly for older women dealing with unsteady hands or poor vision.
It's easy to work with and provides a natural-looking brow without appearing too heavy-handed. Eyeshadow will give you a natural brow appearance without looking overdone.
Have fun with these ideas. And experiment to discover what works best for you.
2. Gray, Unruly, Spotty Hairs
White or gray brow hairs can be easily managed with a tinted brow gel. Tinted gels help solve four problems;
And, many gels keep aging brow hairs healthy since they contain moisturizers and antioxidants. 😊
Check out the eyebrow makeup tutorial by award-winning makeup artist, Debra Rubin-Robert. You'll see how easy gels are to apply.
Here are some final tips to remember when applying eyebrow makeup for aging brows:
1. Start with Clean Brows: Before applying makeup, ensure your eyebrows are clean and free from oil or cream. This allows the makeup to adhere better and last longer. Note: When using a makeup pencil, I like to dust a bit of powder over my brows. This makes the pencil glide on better and last longer.
2. Choose the Right Shade: When filling in sparse areas or covering gray hairs, make sure to choose a shade that matches or is slightly lighter than your natural brow color. A color that's too dark can make your brows look harsh. And harsh makeup is aging!
3. Be Light-Handed: When applying brow makeup, use light, gentle strokes. This will give a more natural look and prevent the brow from looking overly done.
4. Create an Arch: If your brows have lost their arch with age, use a brow pencil to create gentle upwards strokes on the underside of your brow, adding a subtle lift to your look. It's important to follow a shape that suits your face. Find out what brow shape is best for your face type.
5. Set Your Brows: Consider using a clear waterproof gel to set your brows in place. This not only keeps the hairs in place but also adds additional color and depth.
6. Embrace the Process: Remember, makeup is subjective, and it's okay if it takes time to find the right products and techniques for you. Practice makes perfect!
7. Consult a Professional: If you're unsure about doing it yourself, consult a beauty professional or eyebrow technician. They can advise on the best shape, color, and products for your brows, and show you how to apply them.
Remember, aging brows are a common concern, but they can be easily shaped and defined with the right tools and techniques.
With practice and patience, you can create naturally fuller, youthful-looking brows that enhance your features and defy the age. Keep these tips in mind, and let your brows speak volumes about the ageless beauty within!
Now that you've found a way to fill-in those sparse, thin eyebrows - how do you make the makeup stay put?
While there are waterproof eyebrow pencils, there is a clear gel you can apply that not only keeps the eyebrow color vibrant and new looking, but also gives each eyebrow hair extra oomph - for a thicker look.
You can also apply this gel on your favorite mascara.
Instead of buying separate products like:
You can just use this stay put gel when you need to waterproof any of your eyeliner or eyebrow makeup.
Watch This Video To See How It Works
Check us out at these locations: